Thursday, March 5, 2009

Help a Newbie Gardener


I twitter... or do I tweet? I'm not sure, but I do follow some interesting folks. I try to keep it local (why would I care what someone was eating for lunch on the other side of the world?) However, I do follow gardeners from all over. I find my passion for this hobby is just growing - pun intended. LOL

I enjoy feeding people - I love to cook and I volunteer to make meals for our church all the time. Having a baby? I'm on the way with 5 different casseroles. Put that together with my love for gardening (and helping new folks get started) and this tweet piqued my interest:

hyperlocavoreWe need seed angels! Do you have extra seeds - Get a newbie garden going! http://tinyurl.com/ajh8pj from web

Dang it if I only knew how to cut and paste so it'd look like a Tweet. (Karen, I need lessons!)

Anyway, head over to her website and check it out. If you don't feel like joining, maybe there's a newer gardener in your area/church/group of family or friends that would love some seeds. Share some and spread the gardening fever.

3 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

I just decided to turn my wood room into a green room. Kind of announced it to my husband yesterday. lol. All winter, it was full of wood. I told him it is now going to be our temporary green room. Well, at the moment it is holding our baby chicks. lol.

FYI: Come over to my page to check out the free diaper I am giving away.

Love... Hot Belly Mama

Jennifer said...

Oh my it has been years since I've been to a garden show. Maybe I'll go this year and get some inspiration! Of course ours isn't for another month at least!

Blogger said...

Did you know you can shorten your long links with Shortest and get $$$$$ from every visit to your shortened urls.