Chicken w/ Broccoli
I doubled the recipe for my family size and we had enough leftover for lunch the next day.
1.5 pounds of chicken breast, thinly sliced
2 tsp Olive Oil
4 oz dried Orecchiette pasta (I used a full pound)
1 c heavy cream
1/2 c chicken broth
4 T salted butter
2 tsp garlic, sliced
1/2 c shredded green onions
1 c sour cream
1 1/3 c broccoli, fresh, cut into small pieces
1 c sliced mushrooms
2 T flour (I used cornstarch instead)
2 T water
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp Garlic Salt
Salt & Pepper to taste
Shredded Parmesan Cheese (I left it out as we didn't have any)
- Season chicken w/ Italian seasoning & garlic salt.
- Cook in olive oil & garlic until brown.
- Stir in mushrooms & green onions; cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in broth and broccoli. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Mix flour into water. Make sure there are no lumps (this is why I used cornstarch.)
- Pour flour/water mixture into chicken, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Slowly add butter, cream and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low heat while pasta cooks.
- Drain pasta; add to sauce. Remove from heat. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve and Enjoy!
It seems like there are a lot of steps involved, but it went together in under 3o minutes. Everyone gave it a "10" and it's going onto the must have rotation. Oh, and I did use low fat sour cream because I bet the calorie count on this one is incredible!