Tuesday, December 2, 2008

1st time Pie Maker


I've never made a pie crust ~ EVER! In fact, I don't even remember ever trying to bake a pie. I bake lots of other things, but pie has never been on the to-do list. We have a wonderful family owned restaurant here in town that makes the best pies ever ~ Strawberry Rhubarb is my fave. So, I never felt the need... until I read the easiest pie crust recipe ever by Tomato Lady. Thanks TL!!

For 16 years, my husband has pined for a home made pot pie. Since the first crust went together so nicely, I whipped up a turkey pot pie for him.

I think the proof is in the photos! I should've taken pix of the empty pie plates. This was truly an easy-to-make pie crust and just delish!

Oh, and the unique design on the top of the pot pie is compliements of the kids. For some reason, I couldn't roll a circular shape crust and I gave up. The left over, trimmed off dough was plopped on top for dad to enjoy ~ he said it was the best crust he's ever had. And, I got to finally use the pie pans I bought years ago.

2 comments:

T.L. said...

Oh those are amazing. I love the heart! (And the kids' decoration is very tasty-looking. I am humbled I could be instrumental in your maiden pie voyage! Congrats!

Leasmom said...

Yummy!!! Yeah, the pie crust recipe is on my to do list!