Our first recycle pickup was almost 2 weeks ago. We have been
Here's the update:
- 72.5 pounds into the recycle bin
- 15 pounds to Goodwill & Paperback Swap dot com
- 500 units of debt paid off
- 3 pounds of weight loss for me
- 350 pounds of stuff sold thru Craigslist (fireplace insert plus fencing)
So, drumroll please: 940.5 units gone!
The next project to tackle is to convert last year's office files from paper to pdf and save to Flash Memory stick. In prior years, I've saved copies to disk, but I'd prefer having 1 stick per year than the 35+ disks. I've been told I need to keep copies of the files for at least 7 years, maybe even 10. That's a LOT of paperwork taking up space in my basement. Every time I go into the storage room, I feel claustrophobic. I think I'll do a box at a time - each box is approx 25 pounds and there's over 15 boxes there, plus more at the office. Yikes!